School Board Meetings
Starting December 2015, School Board Meetings will begin with a closed session starting at 6:00 p.m. followed by regular business (open to the public) at 7:00 p.m.
In general, regular school board meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of each month. Some meetings are re-scheduled due to holidays. The Board also periodically schedules special Called Meetings and Work Sessions.
For more information, view the Board Meeting Schedule or visit the Meetings webpage for archived and upcoming agendas and minutes. To view or access archived school board videos, visit the link here.
Contact the Board
Mansfield ISD School Board
605 E. Broad Street
Mansfield, TX 76063
Board Communication | Board Operating Procedures | Board Agendas
Board Meetings | Addressing the Board | Broadcast Schedule
Board Meetings are held at the MISD Center for the Performing Arts located at 1110 W. Debbie Lane in Mansfield.
- Regular Board Meeting: A regular meeting is a business meeting held on the fourth Tuesday of each month. Action may be taken. November and December are usually scheduling exceptions because of holidays.
- Called Meeting: A called meeting is held on a date other than the regularly scheduled meeting date. Action may be taken.
- Closed Meeting: A closed meeting is not open to the public. Only certain topics may be discussed such as property and personnel matters. No action may be taken.
- Work Session: A work session is a meeting between board members and staff to receive information. No public input is allowed, and no action may be taken.
- Public Forum: A public forum is a meeting for listening to public input on a specific topic or general information. This meeting may be held at individual schools or in the community. No action may be taken.
back to top
Addressing the Board
Complete a Registration to Speak at a Regular School Board Meeting Form (available at regular board meetings) and return it to a staff member or to the board president to address the board during the "public comments" portion of the agenda.
The correct procedure for addressing the board is listed below:
- Each speaker should address the board from the podium microphone and state his or her name and address before speaking.
- All speakers will be limited to five minutes to make comments.
- When five or more persons represent a group, one person should be appointed to present their views.
- Copies of presentations should be made available to all trustees and the superintendent.
- Board policy prohibits the discussion of complaints against District employees during an open forum.
Board Meeting Broadcast Schedule
Mansfield ISD School Board Meetings are broadcast live monthly on MISD Channel 30 on Charter Cable in Mansfield. You can also watch archived videos of MISD Board Meetings online at MISD TV Productions.
back to top