Lake Ridge Students,
I am writing this letter to you, but I am sharing it with your parents because you might need their help from time to time, and this is pertinent information for them as well. J
I hope that schedule pickup, volleyball, football, band, drill team & cross country practices, Eaglet camp, Student Council meetings, last night’s open house, the LRHS Band March-a-thon, and all the other great events happening in August have gone great for you! As busy as we have all been, REAL classes start at 7:25 Monday, August 25th. Below are a few things to remember to help get your school year off to a smooth start.
Getting to and from school?
- Please reference the following link for bus numbers and bus stop information. http://www.mansfieldisd.org/schools/busroutes.htm. The bus you catch in the morning may not necessarily be the bus you ride in the afternoon.
- Buses will drop you off in the back of the building behind the cafeteria.
- After school, the transportation department’s goal is to have all busses off of campus by 3:02 PM. This means that you should know your bus number and move quickly to the buses. Buses leave from behind the cafeteria and in front of the gym. We will go over bus locations during 9th period on Monday.
- Parent Drop off & Pickup is in the front loop of the school.
- Student drivers are to ONLY park in the white spaces NOT marked Visitor. Cars parked in the LRHS parking lot must have a parking sticker issued by the MISD Police Department. Parking stickers can be purchased at the MISD Police Station located at 1522 North Walnut Creek, Mansfield, Tx. 76063. They are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- If your first period class is at Ben Barber you ride the bus or drive DIRECTLY to Ben Barber. Do NOT come to Lake Ridge first. If you are riding the bus please reference the link mentioned above to find your bus number to Ben Barber. Buses to Ben Barber usually leave about 10 minutes earlier than the buses to LRHS. Classes start at Ben Barber at 7:00 AM.
What do I do when I get to school?
When you arrive at school there will be several lists of student names with a teacher name and room number posted throughout the building. Find your name on the list and go to the classroom number listed next to your name. This is your first period class! You should be in your class by 7:25 AM. All students need to follow this procedure whether they received a schedule at schedule pickup or not. Some schedules have changed. Every student will be issued a new copy of their schedule during first period.
When am I going to get an iPad Deployment?
We did not collect iPads from students at the end of last school year. Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores you should bring you iPad on the first day of school. We will be distributing iPads to Freshman on September 5th. Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors that have enrolled since May will receive their iPads on September 16th. Please reference the following link, http://misdtechnotes.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/high-school-ipad-deployment-schedule/ Please complete all indicated steps prior to September 5th in order to receive an iPad on that day. Neglecting to complete this process and pay the $50 usage fee will delay your student being issued an iPad.
I did not get an ID at schedule pick-up.
As in previous years students are required to wear a 2014-2015 Lake Ridge issued student ID throughout the school day and when entering after school events. This practice is in place as a safety measure for you. Please know that a violation of this practice is a violation of our student code of conduct that may lead to a disciplinary consequence. If you have not yet received a 2014-2015 Lake Ridge issued student ID you must find time before school, during lunch, or after school during the first week of school. ID’s cost five dollars. The first week you may pay for the ID and have your picture taken in the library without consequence. After the first week you must go to the nearest assistant principal’s office to get an ID, a $5 fine will be placed on your account and a student code of conduct violation will be entered into your disciplinary record and may lead to disciplinary consequences. You will only be granted 3 opportunities to add an ID fine to your account.
What should I wear?
Yes, we are still strict on you following the dress code. The 2014-2015 MISD dress code policy can be found in the MISD High School Student Handbook or more conveniently on the front page of the LRHS website at: http://lakeridge.mansfieldisd.org/ . Please make sure that you comply with the MISD dress code every day. A violation of this policy will lead to a disciplinary consequence.
Well, I have shared a lot of information in one long email, so that is all for now. Have a great weekend! I am looking forward to seeing you all on Monday!
Vonda Nunley, Ph.D.
Lake Ridge High School Principal