-Hours:6:50 am – 3:15 pm.Tuesday/Thursday until 5:00
-Students must have a pass to enter the library from 7:25 am- 2:55 pm.
-No gum, food, or drinks are allowed in the library.
Checking Out Books:
-Students must present their ID’s to check out materials.
-Materials may be checked out for two (2) weeks.
-Students must show their ID to use a computer
-Computers are for school related use only, NO e-mail, games, or chat rooms.
-Students may purchase school supplies for a minimal cost from our school store.
-School Store is open before school and during lunch.
-Laws and regulations governing the reproduction of copyrighted material are enforced.
-You, the library patron, are responsible for compliance to these rules.
-Students will need to pay the replacement cost of the lost book .
-If the book that was lost and paid for is found within the calendar year , a refund will be generated.
-The Summit High School Library Media Center provides information, both print and electronic, which supports the curriculum and meets the interest of students. The library provides a collection of over 20,000 print, AV, and software items. Students have access to subscription databases and the internet through the use of 61 computer stations. Information may be printed for a minimal charge.
Extended Library Hours:
- Tuesday until 5:00
- Thursday until 5:00
- @ Summit High School
The participating Libraries will be open for extended hours
2016- 2017 MISD Library Extended Hours
- Days: Monday – Thursday
- Hours: 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. or 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
- Staffing: One professional staff member
- Support: MISD Police Department/Security as needed
- Monday - Legacy (3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday – Lake Ridge, Frontier, Mansfield,
- TVHS (3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.) Summit( 3:30-5:00)
- Wednesday – Timberview (3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Frontier and BBCTA (3:00-4:00)
- Thursday – Timberview and Lake Ridge (3:30 – 4:30 p.m.)
- Summit ( 3:30-5:00)
Staffing Library Extended Hours:
- Legacy: Pam Pinkerton
- Lake Ridge:Patricia Becht
- Timberview:Jennifer Rike
- Frontier: Debbie Anderson
- Mansfield High: Susanne Moncuse
- Summit: Robin Shipman
- The Library extended hours will be available on days when school is in session during the school year.
- Students must present current MISD School Identification Card to enter the Library.
- Students may not exit and re-enter the library
- Extended hours will begin the Tuesday, September 12, 2016
- Extended hours will not be offered the week of December 19, 2016
- Extended hours will end May 26, 2016